Home: Newport, Rhode Island, USA
My “why”: I love photography – art that captures the fusion of texture, colors, shadows, light and perspective of that which we see and experience every day.
This picture above is the Lighthouse at Castle Hill (off of Ocean Drive in Newport). It’s one of the most beautiful lighthouses around because of the way it’s built into the rocks. While taking this photo from the land (ie; The Inn at Castle Hill), is a nice perspective, it’s also equally as beautiful when taken from the water (Oldport Marine offers wonderful harbor tours). Additionally, this lighthouse is only one of several beautiful landmarks and attractions you can see when visiting my hometown of Newport, Rhode Island. I’ve added some additional links below of places I would highly recommend visiting if you are here.
Growing up in Rhode Island was an exceptional experience in that the scenery, architecture, waves, wind and weather had a way of shaping my perspective of several areas of my life.
Most importantly I learned that in life, there is an ebb and flow to everything.
Top 10 Places To Go / Things To Do When Visiting Newport, Rhode Island:
- Take a harbor tour from Oldport Marine
- Visit the Inn At Castle Hill
- Have dinner at Bouchard Restaurant
- Rent a bike from Ten Speed Spokes and ride around Ocean Drive
- Go get some lobster at The Lobster Bar
- Visit the Newport Art Museum
- Take a sailing adventure at Sail Newport
- Tour the Newport Mansions
- Stroll along Cliff Walk for views of the ocean and the mansions.
- Still hungry but need to get home after your Newport adventure? – Stop at Fieldstone’s Grille in Portsmouth RI for a wonderful late lunch or dinner – Bon Appetite!
AND – If you find your as addicted to Lobster Rolls as I am while visiting Newport, I’ve added additional ideas for great lobster rolls on my blog at www.letsjustthink.blog